this morning i

dropped Cosme off at the airport.  It was 4:30.  We left the house a little after 3:30 and I've been like a zombie ever since.  I came home and tried to sleep but I couldn't.  My eyes were heavy and I was ready but instead I watched tv.  I am not functioning at 100%.  I had to go to the chiropractor this morning so why totally commit to bed if I've got places to go and people to see?  Anyway... on my way home from the chiropractor I decided I wanted to try a new recipe for pancakes made with yogurt.  I bought the yogurt yesterday since they were starting to sound good.  (Seriously, I'm the last person to keep Greek yogurt on hand.)  I'll back this story up.  When I was taking EVERY time I take Cosme to the airport, he wants to stop for food.  I don't get that.  The last thing on my mind when I've got stuff to do (ESPECIALLY going to the airport) is stopping to eat.  So, not only was he wanting food on his way to the airport but he was wanting food at 4:00 in the morning.  I just really don't get it.  There's no way I can do that.  Honestly, my stomach will not let me.  Whether it's nerves, anxiety or whatever, I can't.  So, I made myself get dressed again and head to the chiropractor and on the way home (when I had no other errands to run and it was a solid 9:00), pancakes sounded good.

So I tried the new recipe.
"The batter will be thick."
You got that right.

"Spray your griddle with cooking spray."
So yeah, a tablespoon or so of butter.

And here's the finished product, minus the syrup.

It was interesting.  It wasn't quite done in the middle so I made another and after flipping it, smashed it with the spatula.  It was pretty eggy but I kind of liked it.  It's not a pancake I would want all the time but it was good for today.  Oh, I also used vanilla yogurt instead of plain.  Maybe the sugar from the syrup will help me crash for a nap... eventually.  In the meantime, those pajama pants are calling my name.