i'm not going to let

yesterday's car crisis get me down.  I dropped it off at the shop yesterday and this hiccup will soon be solved (and hopefully that'll be an inexpensive solution).  Today I'm going to brag about the things that are working out.  Well, they're basically the same things.  Home improvement.  I guess "improvement" might be a little harsh.  Let's face it, new flowers are just pretty.  Anyway, here are a few things going on:

1. Those flowers I just mentioned.  I bought pots and flowers and am hoping to have a little collection of prettiness going on before too long.  The short pot is snapdragon and the tall is gardenia.  The gardenia is going to get a few more things at the base for now, this is what I have.

2.  That fence I've been talking about for a LONG time.  I'm expecting an email today with all the details for me to send to the HOA.  It's not like they're going to deny it.  I mean seriously... look at what we have now.  (It looks worse in person.)

And speaking of how bad the driveway looks in this pic

3.  The other day I pressure washed the back porch (only to have paw prints across it an hour later).  I got carried away and tackled the front porch and walkway next.  It might not be a professional job but hey, it's better than it was.

Up next on my wish list is a walkway from the driveway, through the new gate and to the back porch.  I'm not expecting it next week or anything but eventually...